Friday, March 11, 2011

Girls rev in top gear, join in!

Hiya girls what’s up and how are you doing?

Welcome on board girlstakecharge, now that’s a long one, Alrightee I think GTC sounds cool. Well what is GTC about? you may ask, GTC is a platform for girls who want to be successful in their world regardless of the challenges, vices and distractions in the world today.

A lot is being said and done about womanhood; we just wake up one fine morning to discover oh! I’m now a wife or a mother, whatever happened to girlhood anyways? It just happened so fast we couldn’t even savor the beauty of it and the sad news is, we can’t bring it back. It’s gone, all gone! Do you know the most interesting thing is that everywoman is still just a girl, you know why she wants the same things she wanted when she was just a girl, her barbie dolls, her prom dress, prince charming, happily ever after stories, you call it girlish fantasies? You are mistaken, because they are real to her. Now she’s a mother she only wishes she could turn back the hands of time. Girlhood really is a time to equip ourselves with those values and principles that form a solid foundation for a good motherhood, that’s what GTC is about; to restore lost values to girlhood, to realign misplaced priorities and to help girls discover who we really are. Sweetie, you are not cheap! Precious that what you are and don’t you ever let anything or anyone make you feel any less.

As a tiny tot I set a goal for myself; to be a successful mother. I had no clue how to achieve this, but I would look in the mirror and say to myself over and over again,“ I am a successful mother.” Little wonder I became a mother at an early age …not my own biological children actually, (I just scared some of my peeps out of their skin,lol. I know, I did that on purpose. lol.) God gave an opportunity of mothering other people’s children I guess He wanted me to figure out what a great job and privilege mothering is. I personally define success as the ability to joggle the roles and responsibilities of being a wife, a mother, a daughter, a friend, a sister, that is, you’ve got the homefront (your husband and kids welfare inclusive), your business, career, education on the side as well (I mean you don’t stop learning because your status has changed), balancing all these together without any hitch makes you a successful woman. . .hey, it doesn’t mean that you are a superwoman. I think that what its called multi-tasking rite? I believe every girl by default can multi-task, if you don’t know about that yet, I think you should start discovering yourselves (one of the so many discoveries we’ll male together, Godwilling).

I hear guys often say “it’s a man’s world you only live in it”, well I think that cliché should be slightly altered, because it’s absolutely incorrect. I’d rather say ‘it’s a man’s world as well as it’s a girl’s world and the fact that girls are in it, makes a HUGE difference. (Don’t I just like the taste of that, haha). I believe the guys will agree with me on this one, rite?

Am I feeling the heat already or am I feeling the heat already, its getting hot in here *blowing myself with my hands and rolling my eyes* hmnnn…..girls!!!!!!!!!!!!! the big question is, are you ready for the revolution????????? Did I hear you say yes? Yippeeeeeeeeee! I’m excited as you are, its time to make a lot of discoveries together. It’s a girl’s world no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment